Programming for alone chip
The representative products of Xeltek areSUPERPRO/5000 (new), SUPERPRO/3000U
SUPERPRO/5000 is a new generation programmer of Xeltek. It uses USB2.0 interface, 144-foot whole drive module, that is, all the adapters with less than 144 feet can work; and it can program with high speed. Besides, it can run offline with CF cards, which can store up to More than 100 kinds of project files to facilitate customer calling. For users to be free of worries, more secure operating environment can be achieved by double protection, such as password and report generation. Users needn't worry about Information leakage or burning failure caused by wrong setting by setting password and can view summary of the production process or others by generated reports.
Method: Multi-Machine Parallel. (That is, in offline or online mode, two or more programmers are connected; the number can be arbitrary limitation)
SUPERPRO/5000 is a user-friendly system, for one computer can connect multiple programmers and can work without interference. Flexible production mode greatly reduces duplicate operation steps for users to improve production efficiency, which is strongly recommended to users needing to burn large-capacity chips or large numbers of chips.
SUPERPRO/3000U is a high-speed programmer using USB1.1 interface. It also contains two modes, which are online mode and offline mode. SUPERPRO/3000U supports up to 100-pin chip production because of the standard configuration of DIP48 foot whole drive as well as PEP3000.
Multi-Machine parallel operation, the same speed as production programming in the multi-socket in affection; fully asynchronous operation, and no waiting time for switching chips, this is extremely efficient. In general, the capacity of 3-5 cluster machines matches that of eight synchronous parallel machines. It's very useful particularly for the chips with ragid package (e.g. UBGA, CSP, etc.) and the small-size chips which may take longer time to switch. Flexibility is another advantage: one or two at the beginning, increase investment according to the demand, and expand cluster scale to reduce investment risk; meanwhile, number of operators can be configured flexibly to achieve maximum efficiency, for example, you can arrange one person to operate four machines, you also can arrange two persons and each of them operate two machines. At the same time Multi-Machine parallel operation is very convenient to manage, and technical staff can make project files of the information required programming, and download to the CF card, and then give the card to the operation of the workers directly, workers only need to turn on the machine, check the checksum, take away or put chips and classify chips. When finishing programming, the CF card is returned to technical staff. One CF card can save multiple projects according to the capacity.
Cluster Programming represents the trend of the times. Cluster Programming is the use of offline function, using it, one person can operate multiple programmers to work parallelly. The effect is the same as traditional production programmers which can program 8 chips at the same time. But it's better in others ways: 1. No need special production adapters and software; 2. More flexible combination, on-demand configuration and cost savings ;3.single fault will not paralyze the entire system, more production chain security guarantee; 4.Completely independent among modules, not like a traditional production programmer which doesn't start until all the chips are ready, more efficient. High-speed, high-yield, high device compatibility, and high ease-of-use, combined with the advantages of clustering programming, SUPERPRO/3000U becomes excellent production solutions.
Programming for multi chip
The representative products of Xeltek are SUPERPRO/5004GP (new) , SUPERPRO/9000U
The two kinds are both made up of four completely independent programmers. Each module starts programming as soon as the chip is inserted in the socket. There is no asynchronous waiting time. For most devices, the first module always finish burning before chips is inserted into the last unit, so the production efficiency is even higher than 8 or 16 production programmers. SUPERRPRO/5004GP burns as fast as SUPERPRO/5000, and much faster than SUPERPRO/9000U.
In addition, it also contains factory mode, password setting and report generation as like SUPERPRO/5000.This solution only needs one power for all, while the first solution needs one power for each programmer.
And solution 2 needs special adapters to change for chips with over 48 pins.
Solution 3:Adapter Extension
This is an early programming solution for burning muti-chip at the same time. N adapters (Usually N is 4 or 8) are connected to a device programmer like data bus. All the ICs are programmed synchronously but verified one by one, so only programming time can be saved. It's cheap because the user only needs to buy a device programmer and a module with N adapters. But there are also obvious shortcomings: each category of chips needs a special adapter; it needs the supporting file manufacturers offered; and the reliability of burning depends on the quality of chip, the requirements of driver (load capacity), etc. Because of so many disadvantages, it has been eliminated almost, yet for low price; some manufacturers still use it till now. It is not recommended.
Solution 4:Gang Programming
It's a popular solution for burning several years ago. There are N (N is Usually 8, 16 or 32) integrated driver circuit modules of programmer and N socket modules. They are independent of each other but controlled by the timing signal from a main CPU synchronously. There are two modes: synchronous mode and semi-synchronous mode. In synchronous mode, N chips are burned at the same time; in semi-synchronous mode, N/2 chips are programmed while the other N/2 chips are ready for burning. Not all the programmers support Semi-synchronous mode, you'd better ask vendors. After all the ICs (In Semi-synchronous mode half) are placed into the sockets, the user needs to press a "start" button (the names may be different among manufacturers). It's an acceptable solution for most devices when the programming time is less than placing time such as IP:PLCC:SOIC, etc. But when programming time becomes longer, the advantage disappeared. The main problem of this solution is that a single module may affect the normal operation of other modules. Not recommended.
There are many factors to evaluate production solution:
- Single programming speed. If single programming speed is slow, the yield is low no matter how many sockets there are. To resolve production problem, Xeltek uses a unique algorithm engine of high-speed CPU and timing of the state machine, to provide a very high speed for reading and writing.SUPERPRO/5000, the latest multi-application intelligent independent and high-speed universal programmer of USB interface, can burn a 512Mb NAND FLASH ( K9F1208U0B ) only in 67.4 seconds (including programming and verification)
- Simple. Offline operation without PC for purely function copy, is both economical and convenient (algorithms and user's data files are stored in inner electronic disk or CF card). In auto-launch state, the programmer burns chips automatically without any keyboard operation as soon as a chip is inserted.
- SUPERPRO/5000, SUPERPRO/5004GP,SUPERPRO/3000U,SUPERPRO/9000U are universal driving circuit, and their adapters are universal too. They support DIP devices without any adapters. Devices of different types but with the same package only need one adapter, to avoid endless PACK and adapters' cost.
- The algorithmic waveform IC manufacturers recognized and low electrical noise environment insure high yield.
Users should pay attention to the following issues when buying production programmers.
- How many devices supported. This mainly depends on pin drive capability of production programmers, technology of manufacturers and the relationship between programmer manufacturers and chip manufacturers. The more devices are supported, the better for users.
- Whether the locking DIP socket is universal. If devices of DIP32, DIP40, DIP48 supported need different modules, you often have to buy all kinds of supporting modules, some of them are boring and very expensive, and it also waste time.
- Whether the adapters is universal. For example, a universal PLCC32 adapter can be applied to all the EPROMs, GALs and microcontrollers packed by PLCC32. As for non-universal adapter, each device needs at least one or even more adapters. Obviously, universal adapter is more economical and easy to use.
- Whether have pin detection, such as backwards insertion, improper insertion, poor connection between sockets and pins and open circuit of inner IC. It is an essential function of modern production programmers, which can reduce unnecessary losses caused by negligent operation, and not burn expensive devices.
- Whether have auto-launch mode. Once detecting chip inserted properly, programmers start programming, verification and encryption automatically. It is also a essential function of modern production programmers, which can reduce operation time for switching chips, avoid human errors, and increase the work efficiency.
- The higher programming speed is, the better for users, although in theory it has limits.
- The more operating system it supports, the better the programmer is.
- Technical and after-sales service. Problems should be resolved as quickly as possible, or it may delay time limit for a project.
- Offline mode. When the initial work is completed, mass production can be done without the computer.
- Price factor. Of course, the higher C/P Ratio, the better the programmer is.
- Synchronization, semi-synchronous mode. Synchronization: eight sockets are burned at the same time. Semi-synchronous: while 4 sockets are burning (applications), the other 4 sockets are replacing chips, and once finished burning, switch automatically.. Make full use of co-ordination principle and time difference.
- Whether the functions software provides are abundant. Using project function, users can keep various operations and settings in project files, such as setting device models, transferring files for programming, setting the configuration word, batch orders and so on. The operations of selecting devices and loading files are kept in history record, convenient for selections later. Using Batch Orders (Auto), users can organize erase, search space, programming, validation, encryption, and other commonly used command sequences discretionarily to complete these orders in a single step. Using production mode, programmers can burn chips automatically without pressing keys as soon as chips are inserted properly. Using Auto-increment function, serial number are generated automatically according to user requirements and written into chips. With open API users can modify data in the buffer on-linely to make the contents of each chip different. If wrong type of devices selected, software will prompt the similar type according to the id. Identify file formats and prompt file address overflow automatically.
Copyright © 1993-2023. Xeltek Co.,Ltd All rights reserved.
Address :#1, Jiangyun Rd., Jiangning, Nanjing, P.R.China , ZIP 211111